Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 19

What a fun day we had planned hanging around camp.  Brad took Carsyn hiking in the caves and caverns that surround Mount Rushmore.  They got an early start while the other two kiddos and I slept in a bit.  Around noon we went on an 1 1/2 trail ride.  Both have been on horses, but only in a corral.  They did great and never got scared!  I spend lots of time on horses growing up and I was so excited to do this with the kids. 
When we finished with the trail ride the kids played around camp the rest of the day.  Rock climbing was on that list.  So bummed, but I didn't get Carsyn climbing.  She was awesome at it too!
I think they went down the waterslide 100 times either with all 3 together or on their own.
  A cool story of something that happened tonight while getting everyone ready for bed...I had everyone shower because of our trip tomorrow.  The girls and I are in the bathroom blow drying our hair when a lady walked in a saw my shirt I had on.  (It was my 15 year old ragged shirt from my high school gymnastics team that I wear for jammies.)  She asked me if I was from Portage, MI and then proceeded to tell me that she was a teacher at that high school.  Come to find out, she was a teacher there when I went to school there.  I never had her for history, but my brother did.  Moments like this make you realize how small our world is.  We would love to have stayed here for a week, but we have to move on tomorrow.  Our longest drive yet, so we are off to bed a bit early!

No comments: