Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 11

We slept in a bit this morning, packed up and headed to Muir Woods National Monument.  The yucky weather really started this morning and lasted the next 2 days, so we tryed to make this stop early enough so we didn't get poured on.  Brad and I have been here before and were so excited to take the kids back.  You just can't describe it until you see it.  Some of God's amazing master pieces! 



Around lunch we left for Lake Tahoe.  We knew there was rain the forecast for the next two days, but we were hoping it as going to pass a bit quicker.  Bummer for us, it just got worse.  The temps at this time average in the upper 70's.  It was 42 degrees and raining.  Raining A LOT!  Don't get me wrong, they need the rain there, because this is their dry season, high fire warning time.  I just didn't want it when we were there.  What is there to do in Lake Tahoe?  A LAKE!  A big lake.  Our camping resort had it all...boats, jet skis and a pool.  This is one of the most beautiful places I have been in the world.  Certainly not this time.  Especially when you are camping.  Gross!  Brad pitched the tent and got all our food and belongings into the bear box and then we headed into town to the laundry mat.  Brad worked on his papers while I got all the laundry finished.  I had no desire to sleep in the wind and rain, so I bundled myself up and stayed in the car all night while the kids and Brad huddled in the tent.  BLAH!  So bummed!
When we arrived...

No comments: