Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 13

We got an early start this morning, because temps were going to be around 100.  Brad wanted to take us hiking at a place he found while here with his high school DECA kids last year.  I was worn out when we got to the top and still can't believe he ran that.  No thank you!  The view from the top was beautiful!
Carsyn and Daddy
Bren taking a rest.
Looking towards downtown. 
Can you see the snow on the peaks?
Another favorite!  Handsome husband and my little diva!

After we got back down.  I look a bit tired.  It was already around 80 degrees.
Then we ventured onto the University of Utah's campus.  Had to take a picture of the football stadium for Aidan. 
After some lunch, Mr. Hiker, aka Brad wanted to walk out on the Great Salt Lake.  It was nearing 100 degrees.  I have to admit that I did not have the most positive attitude at that point.  Yeah, I live in Georgia with hot weather, but I am not a fan of hot temps!  Luckily this is dry heat and I managed....barely!  If you don't know this and Mr. Fact man, aka Aidan informed me that the Great Salt Lake is drying up at a rapid rate.  Hence why there is no water here.  In the 1930's this was water. 
We finally made it to the water. 
Walking back the wind started to pick up.  Thankgoodness!
Off to dinner at one of my favorite stops on our whole trip.  We went over the mountains to Park City, UT to visit my cousin Brooken who is a golf pro here during the summer months.  It was so great to see him and go out to dinner.  Great place and great visit. 

No comments: