Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Presidents, Peppers and More!

The kids spent all last week at their Gramma and Papa's house in South Carolina. They always have such a great time! Thanks Mom and Dad! You wore them out completely. They have never slept better! :) The kids spent most of the time at the pool, getting ice cream and riding their bikes. Meanwhile at home, Carsyn and I spent time getting projects done and hanging out. (What did I do when I only had 1 child?) Brenna got some new pool flip flops and here are her sweet feet. They didn't seem to bother her this way.



(A side note..excuse some of the pictures...the pictures you see on the blog are from my little, digital camera that doesn't always take the best pics. I sill love my 35 mm and my scanner is not hooked up to our computer.)
Anyways, after I went to pick the kids up, we went over to Educational Wonderland to get some "educational" stuff for the kids. Aidan is in the stage were he constantly has to be challenged, so he doesn't get bored. We picked up a new chore board, USA puzzle, and lots of other goodies. He is into learning the Presidents right now. I have to say, I am learning quite a bit as well!


(I know...not a good picture) It is our family pepper plant. Aidan planted it in school and here it is with its first pepper. He was pretty excited to see this when he got home.


As for Carsyn...she missed her brother and sister and all that wonderful noise they make around the house. She had her 2 month check up yesterday and weighs in at 11 lbs 12 oz and is 23 inches. Growing like a weed...umm no..growing like a pepper plant. HA!

We are busy with swimming lessons this week, but stay- tooned..they kids got a package from Aunt Jada today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

L-O-V-E the photo of Brenna's feet! Too funny. :) Carsyn must have gone through a major growth spurt in the last month! I can't wait to see her soon and see how she's grown. Ella Beth talks about Carsyn all of the time - "That's Carsyn, Brenna's sister." (Referring to the birth announcement still on our fridge!) We need to get together again soon.

Oh, and I had to look at my card again today. You were so sweet to give me a reminder that I can keep with me when I need it.

Angie said...

To cute! You are so welcome. I need to have reminders about that all the time myself! I will check our calender about a date to get together.

Anonymous said...

Yeh!! The pepper plant has given Aidan a pepper! Wonderful he can enjoy the rewards of faithfully taking care of his plant. The photo of Brenna's flip~flop feet turned out adorable. :)

Kate said...

Yay! Aidan's home! I thought they weren't getting back until this weekend? Want to get together Friday? for real this time? :)

Stephanie Perdue said...

Love the update. I told you Carsyn was a big girl. Anna Kate only weighed 10lbs 8oz at 2 months.

Jake must be challenged also. We just finished learning the books of the Bible and I was thinking of doing the Presidents next. I will send you something that we are doing next week for the 4th. I bet Aidan and Brenna would love it.