Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving vacation

The kids and I had a wonderful time at the beach! We stayed with my childhood best friend, Leslie, who lives 3 miles from the beach in Atlantic Beach. I wanted to tour around the area and do a little bit of education stuff for the kids. They did an awesome job traveling and being easy on Mommy! Our first trip was to downtown Jacksonville to the river front and a great children's museum and out to lunch.
Another trip we took was to an old island slave plantation, Kinsley Plantation. We had to take the car on a car ferry. I got a kick out of GPS. It took the direct path of the boat over the water. The kids thought it was pretty cool.

The slave quarters.
One of Jacksonville's top 10 places to visit. Angie's subs was YUMMO!
Of course we had lots of time for the beach. It was hours of play time for the kids. I sat on my beach towel and they played for over 3 hours with out me saying anything like, "Don't touch your sister!" "Be quiet." "Stop fighting." "That toy is going in time out." Needless to say, we had a blast!



Another small trip we took was down to St Augustine. Being the oldest US city, there were many sights to see including this 13th century Spanish Fort.
This beach between Jax beaches and St. Augustine was a picture of heaven. The sand fascinated us at this beach. As you can see, not soul in sight!
It was all shells. The kids found so many awesome full shells. They thought it was cool. Mommy's feet were killing her after an hour.
Then onto SC to my parents for Thanksgiving. Brad met us there as well as my brother. Some cute pics from the photo shoot we did.


Have a wonderful and blessed week!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for pictures! It looks like y'all kept yourselves busy in FL. And...the shelly beach is awful. We went on vacation to St. Augustine one year (for a week) and had to suffer through it. I had to keep flops on the entire time.

Glad your Thanksgiving was delightful at your parents'. It's just so fun to see how much your kiddos enjoy your parents and vise versa!

See y'all tonight. :)

Joy B. said...

So glad you were able to enjoy some time with the kids at Leslie's. I know she enjoyed having you there. Great photo memories! Love, mom

Unknown said...

I love Angies! Check out my story with them: http://dafoodieadventures.blogspot.com/