Friday, May 29, 2009

The first week of summer break

I was worried looking forward to this week...a fear that the children would take over the house. We are always a "on the go" family and when our daily routine is changed by summer break, it can get a bit crazy finding things to entertain the kids with. However, this week, even though the weather has been threatening everyday...we have found lots of fun activities....

Our dear friends, Rodney and Heather have been blessed with this sweet little angel,
Kobe Davis after trying to have children for 5 years. The kids had so much fun seeing another little baby and had forgotten that Carsyn was that little one year ago. We are so excited on the Moore's new family adventure!

"Lake Lanier is back" is what the newspaper read on Sunday. With the lake levels being extremely low last summer, we were not able to go out on the lake and go boating. We were so excited to be able to go out with our friends Kathy and Scott. They do not have kids, but I guess our babies are enough....at least for now.

Carsyn LOVED the boat...not so much the life jacket..who could blame her...those infant jackets are awful...she had fun anyways.
Aidan driving the boat...

I love this picture of Brad after he went skiing..I think that he just remarked that he would not be able to move the next day.

The last time I was able to ski was when I was pregnant with Brenna. Yes, some may have called me CRAZY..(I am talking to you Ashley) but I have been water skiing my whole life and I tryed not to be to tricky. Anyways, it has been nearly 4 years and so I decided to play it safe. The water was a bit cold for my taste, so I wore a wet suit. I also realized that after have 3 babies, you just don't have the muscle you once did. O well! It was still fun!
Aidan and Brenna enjoying themselves.

Aidan, Brenna and Brad tubing. Brenna only fell off once....no really she did fall off, but she is fine! She got right back on and tryed again. (For those of you that go tubing, you will know that if you don't lean back when the boat takes off, you will get a wall of water wash over you. That is what happened and sweet little Brenna flipped over Brad's head.)

Taking a break from the action, Carsyn was able to get out of her life jacket and have a snack...while doing some sun bathing.

The storm is moving in quickly...we got back just in time.

We are on to another week...wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I just loved the pics! I can tell y'all had a great time out on the lake. Y'all need to come up to Hartwell with us for a weekend...the kiddos would have a blast! We would, too! We've been busy this past week, but we'd love to get together with y'all soon!

The Kenyons said...

Awesome pictures looks like tons of fun!

Joy B. said...

Lots of great memories the kids will enjoy for a lifetime!! We're so happy the kids are able to be exposed to the same kind of water activities that you and your brother were. Great fun!!! Love, mom

Karin Coibion said...

So much fun! I am excited to get out on the lake too.

We introduced David to the pool this weekend... maybe a little too early since he is still recovering from yet another virus, but he still had fun. I will give you a call soon to get togther. Sorry about last week! We were at the peditrician when you called.