Sunday, December 28, 2008

A week of fun

We had a great week spending time with my parents at their house in South Carolina. My Grandma Belt was able to be up here from Florida to visit for the week. She enjoyed seeing how much the kids have grown. My brother was able to get a few days off as well to spend with all of us. Being a golf professional, they work all kinds of crazy days and hours.
Hang in there with me as we had a busy week of taking lots of pictures. Here is a snap shot.
This hat was my dad's when he was a young boy. We have always taken pictures in it and now the kids get to enjoy that.
Carsyn and Gramma
Aidan and Brenna had a blast making gingerbread (graham cracker) houses.

A tradition that we all really enjoy is to go ice skating. I guess it is the Michigan blood that is craving the ice! The kids are really getting a hang of it. Brenna loved the cart they gave her this year. She was cruising so fast around the rink.

One of the kids favorite things to do with Gramma....
bake! Brenna didn't even take her jammies off.

The kids taking cookies and goodies to some of my parents neighbors. (People who are in Michigan or up north reading this...it really was only about 60 degrees! Burrr!)
Christmas morning came with lots of anticipation from the kids...well mostly from Brenna. She kept coming downstairs saying that she has not seen Santa or the reindeer yet. She finally tired out and feel asleep!
Carsyn opening her stocking. She loved every minute of it!She really LOVED the tissue paper and wrapping paper!
Aidan trying on what Santa brought. University of Michigan gear for all 3 of them. Aidan just loves jerseys!

His big gift from Uncle Drew was his first set of real golf clubs. He was out later working on his chip shots.

With all the pictures I took, I didn't get Brenna opening her big gift from my parents, a doll house. She has not stopped playing with that or the ironing board an iron she got from my brother. The kids got a picture of what Mommy and Daddy got them. It was arrive this Spring. A play/swing set for our backyard.

My Grandma Belt with Carsyn.

Brad and I had agreed that we were not getting each other any gifts because we had just bought this wonderful camera for our anniversary/Christmas/birthday gifts. Yes, it was very expensive. The last couple months we had been LOOKING at new video cameras. Emphasis of LOOKING. My sneaky Brad shows up on Christmas Eve with this beauty! Boy, was I surprised!

I hope you had a wonderful week celebrating the birth of our Saviour!

See you in the NEW YEAR! 2009

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of pictures turned out great! Our time together went way too fast. We loved having you all here. Love, mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. It looks like yours was as much fun as ours!!! Let's get together soon. Kiss the kiddos for me. :)

Anonymous said...

looks like ya'll had a great Christmas! i love all the pictures - especially the Santa hat ones with your Dad's hat. how neat! what priceless photos. hope you all have a wonderful New Year! :)

The Kenyons said...

glad to see ya'll had such a great christmas!!

Kate said...

The pictures were so cute! i love the one of Carsyn in your dad's hat. so sweet!