Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home sweet home

We are home from our wonderful vacation to the beach. We had been planning this trip as a surprise gift for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. They have given us so much over the years, this was just something little that we could give back. The kids did a great job keeping the secret and my parents didn't know until we were driving there. Our condo worked out great for all of us and we were able to eat some meals out at some of Brad and my favorite places and than we were able to eat some meals in. We missed all the tropical storms and hurricanes and had the most beautiful weather. It was so hot and not a drop of rain!

One day we were able to go on a sunset dolphin cruise. We saw over 50 dolphins who had just had babies that were swimming and jumping right beside their mommies. Here is Brenna and Aidan driving the boat. They thought this was pretty cool! The next day we were able to go on a couple jet skiis and the dolphins were swimming not even 10 feet from us. It was amazing!



Just one of the beautiful sunsets we saw!



Carsyn was so good and enjoyed her time being dragged from the pool, to the beach and all around. We had a great indoor pool at our condo which provided a bit of a break from the intense sun. Even though the kids have spent much of the last 3 months out in the hot Georgia sun, something is different about those Florida rays and everyone seemed to get a little pink!



Carsyn even took her naps on the beach! She seemed to sleep better here than in her pack and play at the condo!



Aidan really got the hang of his boogie board by the end of the trip. He swallowed lots of salt water, but had a great time!







Carsyn enjoying some Daddy time.




Brenna enjoying the sand.



My mom and Brenna sitting in the water with the waves crashing over them. I don't think Brenna ever got use to the taste of the salt water.



The whole group on the last night.



The kids on the beach the last night there. It is almost impossible to get 3 kids to look at the camera and smile all at the same time!



When was the last time it was just Brad and I in a picture?



Brad and I just loved being able to take the whole family here. Brad's older brother use to live here and we have missed being able to go and visit. We hope to make this a yearly tradition!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

o.k. let me try to do this again and not be known as anonymous. Ha! Dad and I want to thank you for the thoughtful surprise you gave us! We really enjoyed ourselves! Thanks for sharing Destin with us! Love, mom and dad

The Kenyons said...

Looks like you had such a great time!! I am so glad the weather was good for you! The pictures are great, I am glad you posted several, it gave us a glimpse of the whole trip! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I'm just guessing that you are enjoying your new camera?!! :) So glad you had such a wonderful time. I know your parents were able to enjoy a vacation, but also lots of time with the family!

Anonymous said...

awww, looks like a fun, sweet family vacation! such cute pics. hope you all are recovering nicely from vacation - it's always a transition to come back home, isn't it? :)

Kate said...

I'm soooo glad that you guys didn't get rained on! The dolphin excursion sounds fabulous! Wow! I know the kids just loved that. I have to say, I'm jealous. I had a dream last night I was at the beach! haha. So happy that you guys had such a great time! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great beach pictures! Glad you had a great time.