Saturday, August 30, 2008

Weekly fun

Bye bye Oscar. This is our little kitten that I told you about a few posts back that had been hanging out at our house. She stayed for 3 weeks and on Monday we finally found a home for her. Yes, I say her. She is a girl, but the kids insisted that we name her Oscar. We started getting attached to her, so she had to go this week. It was fun while it lasted!


















Brenna had a close call this week and almost had to get stitches on her head after running in the house and crashing into her brother. The next day I needed to put medicine on her "boo boo" so I thought up this idea to put curlers in her hair. I had the old foam rollers that my mom use to put in my hair. Brenna loved them. She wore them the whole day! No, we didn't go anywhere that day, but she had fun running around the house in them.



















Here is the after shot of later that evening when we took them out.

























This is a little hobby of mine. It all started with my kids and now has branched out to friends of friends and they are now ordering them for family and friends. They are lots of fun. Here is just a sample of a couple I did this week. This set was for a boys room. Blue with green, yellow and red polka dots with red ribbon.



















This one is obviously for a girl and is green with pink polka dots and pink ribbon.


















We have family in town for this long weekend and my Grandparents are stopping by Monday for a visit. Have a wonderful, long, restful weekend!

2 comments:

The Kenyons said...

I love your letters! I miss them in the kids old rooms!!! Brenna'a hair looks so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the rollers in her hair! i can't seem to get Ansley to want to do that, even for special times. i guess i should've started younger, huh? :)