Saturday, August 23, 2008

Has it been another week?

Another week has gone by and we finally have all the Internet problems worked out. So I am back to give you a week update...

Last weekend my brother and his girl friend Nicole came up for a couple days. We went hiking at Amicolola Falls. We had a great time and enjoyed the perfect weather. Both Aidan and Brenna hiked up the 500 plus stairs. We did give them piggyback rides down though. Here is a picture of the beautiful falls. We are so blessed to have this only 20 minutes from our house.



















Carsyn Joy turned 4 months on Monday. She always seems to have these goofy looks on her face when we take her picture and than she is all smiles. She had a blast riding in the backpack. She had her 4 month check up on Monday and weighs 13 lbs and is 25 inches. I am attempting to make baby food with this baby. I don't know why I didn't try it with the others. Although a bit time consuming, it is pretty easy. I bought a book and already had a food processor so the whole thing came together pretty easy. Carsyn loves her bananas and is now eating squash. She prefers bananas. Tonight we will try applesauce, than comes sweet potatoes.
















Here is a picture of Drew and Nicole. It is so great to have my brother only a few hours away so we can have these weekend visits.




















Brad and I also celebrated our 7 year Anniversary. (Sorry no wedding pictures on the computer..lets just say..I was a bit more skinny and Brad had lots of hair. HA!) Brad surprised me with a new 35 mm digital camera that I have been wanted for years! I love my original 35 mm, but it takes film and it just gets to be to expensive. This little digital camera I had been using was my brother-in-laws and is way to slow. Anyways, I have been busy trying to figure everything out. I can't wait to start taking pictures with it!
Aidan made it through another week at school. He is doing great and is starting to adjust to the early mornings. Brenna was able to meet her teacher this week as well. Her name is Ms Lindsey and Bren is so exciting to start school 2 days a week starting after Labor Day. She already has her backpack packed and ready to go!
We are just enjoying another relatively cool weekend here in August. The cool breezes from tropical storm Faye has kept the temps down a bit. Kids are out riding their bikes. I am off to take a walk. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out great. Such a beautiful waterfall. We are also very happy that Drew is able to live close enough to be able to enjoy family activities. Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Kevin has been wanting to go there for some time...I can't wait to see it. It looks beautiful.