Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy shopping

First, we have successfully made it through the first week of school. I am extremely exhausted though. (It stinks having the Olympics going on the first week of school...and I have stayed up for every bit of it.) Aidan did a great job at school. We are quite proud of him!



Second, I need to give a shout out to the Dawsonville Walmart. I just love being able to walk into a store and have it so clean you could walk barefoot. I really wouldn't do that, but it is great to have it that clean. I love that they have a family bathroom that is convenient to mom's (or dads) with multiple children. I can't say it enough when they go above and beyond to accommodate mom's shopping with way to many children! ;) I love that they have kept their prices low with all the pricing craziness in this world right now. And to think milk was a $1.50 when Aidan was born. If you know me, I am all about our grocery budget and meal planning and how much I loved our Kroger..but lately not so much. They offered this great deal for a few months this summer that if you purchase a gift card of a certain amount, they give you free groceries. Great idea..we jumped at that! What they failed to tell you is, because they were giving this free money away, they had to jack their prices up..for example..milk went up to $4.50. That is insane! I am going to drive 1/4 mile down the road to Walmart and buy milk for $3.50. They have my business! Anybody else with me on this? I love that when I am done with my shopping I have never had to wait in line. Now, I do shop at off hours..10 in the morning or 10 at night, but still having not to wait with 3 children is great! (well, 2 children this week) There were 2 friendly ladies standing outside the isle to greet me as I walk into the checkout. The last thing I love is their "save the planet" bags they have. We have 5 for each car. If you haven't tried this out and are interesting in recycling a bit, you have got to try this. They fit twice as much as a plastic or paper bag. Most all grocery store chains have them and they are great. So if you live in this area, check out the Dawsonville Walmart. You will love it just as much as our family does!



On another note...if any of you that live in the area are cat people and would love a kitten, let me know. We have a stray butterscotch kitten at our house and we just can't take care of another living thing. 3 children, a dog and husband are plenty for me. She is very sweet and loves the kids. Please let me know!



Have a great weekend!

No comments: