Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rice Cereal

So the food adventure started today for Ms Carsyn Joy. She is going to be 16 weeks on Friday and I thought she was more than ready to start cereal. I had told Aidan and Brenna that we were going to try to feed her cereal around dinner time and that we needed to get the highchair out of the attic. They were so excited, especially Aidan. Brenna just kept saying, "That is my chair, Mommy." (How does she know that was her chair? She hasn't sat in that in 2 years.) Anyways, the time came and I was all prepared for a fight on my hands. When I gave Aidan cereal at 15 1/2 weeks, he kept spitting it out with his tongue, but enjoyed making a mess. Brenna on the other hand at 15 1/2 weeks screamed her head off at the taste of it and spit it in our face. So Carsyn now at 15 1/2 weeks loved everybit of it. By the looks of this picture, she looks tired and not happy. She was tired and kind of in a daze. (She always is around 7pm) After her first bite, she looked at me and open her mouth again. No screaming, no spitting out food. I was pleasantly surprised!! Aidan was even able to feed her a bite.
Of course we did not go down without a huge mess on our hands. Carsyn's favorite pastime is to chew on her fists. So, between bits she would suck on her fists spreading cereal from one end of her body to the other. It was great entertainment! She is looking more like her brother everyday!



2 comments:

Stephanie Perdue said...

I am going to start this weekend. I can't wait to see how iy goes with Anna Kate. I emailed the pictures to you.

Anonymous said...

We have tried numerous times with Landon, and he wants NO part of it. We've tried pears, apple sauce, and cereal. Nothing whets his appetite. Goodness! Carsyn looks so much like Aiden in that first picture. L-O-V-E it!!!