Sunday, August 22, 2010

The perfect Saturday

It is 8:30 am already and we have no children in our bed on this Saturday morning. What in the world is going on? I can hear some giggling and then a knock at the bedroom door. 3 children walk into our bedroom with the biggest smile on their faces. They had made us breakfast. Breakfast in bed. On our plate was 2 waffles (pre-made) and a peeled orange all made into a smiley face on our plate. I glass of delicious juice was in a couple of a wine glasses. Aidan said, "Since you are celebrating your anniversary today, we thought we would make you breakfast in bed." By this time, my mouth was open in shock, amazement and pure joy. We enjoyed our breakfast in the peace and quite. About 15 minutes later, Carsyn and Brenna come in to take our plates to the kitchen. We layed in bed until 10:30 am. I came out into the kitchen moments later to find the kitchen all cleaned up. Dishes were washed, dried and put away. Could this really be or was I still dreaming? Did my 6, 4 and 2 year old do all this? They were all upstairs playing in their playroom. We ran up to give them hugs and kisses. My smile did not leave my face all day.
Later that afternoon, Brad and I went to an early dinner and to a movie all with a babysitter who had volunteered to watch our children. Free sitter? Really? Talk about a perfect Saturday!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Now THAT'S amazing! Happy Anniversary! :)

Joy B said...

I love that anniversary memory!! Love, mom