Sunday, August 15, 2010

The end of Summer

The week before school started, we took a trip to Michigan to visit family. Even though the trip was much faster than we would have wanted, we had so much fun seeing family and relaxing as much as we could. We miss our cousins and now that many of them have children, our children love having so many cousins to play with. I have 7 cousins on my mom's side of the family. Between their children and our children, there are 11 great grandchildren from the age of 6 1/2 to 6 weeks. There is not a dull moment!

My cousin Isaac driving the golf cart with 6 of the kids.

My cousin Ben's oldest Sadie and Brenna are best of friends. They are 2 months apart.



My cousin Sarah just got engaged as well as my cousin Daniel just with in the last month. Both of their weddings are toward the end of the year. This is Sarah's fiance, Josh. He is an officer in the Army and graciously let Aidan wear his dog tags around the house. Aidan told me when he left that he wanted to be "just like Josh when he grew up."



We got to visit Brad's dad at a yummy brunch.
A trip to Michigan would not be complete with out visiting my favorite place in the whole world. Brad and I agreed that if we had the money, this is where we would build a vacation house. Perfect weather, perfect place!

My mom and her sister enjoying a good laugh!
The 11!

Aidan, with the youngest John, Brenna, Sadie, David, Jimmy, Tyson, Sam, Carsyn, Stew and Jaxon.


Brad and I with my brother, my 7 cousins and their significant others. (Josh is not in the picture due to some Army training)



The whole family.
We were blessed to be able to go to my cousin Britney's wedding. Britney is my only female cousin on my dad's side. It was a beautiful wedding!

My Aunt and Uncle walked Brit down the isle.
Britney is a high school teacher in Saginaw, MI and her husband is a police officer.


The happy bride.



My dad, my kiddos and that bride and groom.



My Uncle Rob (dad's brother) and Brit dancing


We miss them all lots and can't wait to see everyone in November!

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

Our vacation in Michigan may not have been long but we were all able to pack LOTs of memories into a few days!! Loved seeing some of them! love, mom