Friday, August 12, 2011

Back into the swing of things


If you know me well, than you know that summer is not my most favorite time of the year. Yes, I love being able to go to the pool anytime, or go on vacation, or sleep in, or watch how my children's skin goes from white to brown sugar, but I don't like how much my husband is gone and I don't like not having a routined day. Now, you might be saying, "Isn't her husband a teacher?" The answer is yes and no. For those of you that are teachers now days...there is no time off if you want to survive financially. I am proud to say that my husband works hard...at all his jobs, but this makes our summers crazy. I don't care that our schedule is busy during the school year with football, cross country, basketball and gymnastics just to name a few things we do all year, but I do look forward to dinners together even if they are at the football field or basketball court.

With school starting yesterday, I am finally feeling relaxed and ready to tackle this year. We are blessed to have the children in one of the best school systems (Brad works there as well) and I am proud to send them there everyday. Aidan and Bren are loving their new teachers and classes. Carsyn is ready to go starting after Labor Day.

As for our crazy summer...I will try to recap it the best I can. I have a bit of an addiction of taking pictures...so there are a lot to pick from.

In June Brad's niece Brynlee came into town from California for a few days while my brother in law Mark and Amanda took a vacation. She kept us busy!
We spend many days and nights in June and July at the baseball fields. Aidan made the All-star team for the 7 year olds and they did so well a Districts they were invited to the State tournament.


Aidan plays 2nd base.

His whole team. We are so grateful for the coaches that volunteer their time for these boys. They have taught Aidan so much! Many of these boys play football with Aidan and the head coach also is his defensive coach in football.

Both Aidan and Brenna did excellent on swim team this year. I really believe this is the best thing for your children to do in the summer. It teaches them so much more than how to be a fast and solid swimmer. If you have the opportunity to have your children swim on a team..even if it is for the summer, you should totally do it!


We were finally able to take a vacation at the end of June to Orlando. Although it was a vacation for the kids and I, Brad had to bring two of his high schoolers to compete in Nationals for FBLA. They were both recent high school grads and did awesome with the kids. I am not a Disney person..so we did Sea World. Love it! Even though it was nearly 100 the days we were in Florida, we had a blast!



One of the highlights from the trip...getting to ride in a helicopter. The girls went together and the boys went together. Here is our little co-pilot.
With a brief stop back in GA, we headed onto to South Carolina for a week of total relaxation. Mom took us to the fabulous Charleston one day. After walking 1 mile to the top of Ravinal Bridge, we stopped to take a picture.


Meeting the horses that took us on our city tour.

Beach time is all I have to say!

My kids love the sand. Can you tell?



A big deal in the Kudlas/Belt house. This is our Carsyn Joy swimming on her own. Horray!

One Sunday afternoon in our front yard.
Brad's older brother, Devin came into town with his kiddos for a few days. We usually only get to see them 1 time a year, so we had a great visit.


I had an opportunity to take the kids to the Atlanta Falcons training facility to watch them practice for about 3 hours. It was awesome and this little boy was in heaven!

My sweet kiddos yesterday on their way back to school.

Now, time to take things a bit slower!

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

The summer was over before we knew it! whew! acutually its still not over even though we are all starting school. . . loved all of the photos!! Love, mom