Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It was a cold one!

We have finally started to thaw from our trip to Michigan. You may be thinking, "Yeah, but it is really cold here right now." Not even close. After living here almost 10 years, I can not handle Michigan cold temps. It was about 26 everyday, and the windchill was in the teens. This is unusually cold for Thanksgiving, but nevertheless, WOW it was bitterly cold. Day 1-3 of our vacation, we went to my parents in SC where I found this sweet pea.
The girls and I drove to Michigan with my brother and mom. Day 4-8 we spend somewhere different every night visiting people or wonderful hotels. The girls were GREAT. I never once pulled out the DVD player while traveling. They were my dream girls while on this trip. It made up for how tired I was! Here is our Thanksgiving table in Michigan (before dinner), graciously hosted by my cousin Ben and his wife Jesse and their 3 children children. We had 30 people at dinner. Lots of memories, lots of laughs!

I woke up with my cousin Karen and went black friday shopping and it was snowing. By midmorning it looked like this.
Our main reason for going to MI was to attend my cousin Daniel's wedding. Here is his bride Shelby and her father walking her down the isle.



The wedding was in our old stomping ground of Kalamazoo, MI. It is always so great to go back and see old friends. Here is Uncle Drew dancing with Carsyn.

Our last day, we went and had a nice lunch with Grandma Janet and Grandpa Kudlas (and watch MI football get beat).

It was a tiring trip, but so worth it. 4 more weeks and we head back for another wedding.
After driving all night, the girls and I arrived home just in time to help finish Aidan's cake for his football banquet. It turned out pretty cute and was a huge hit.

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

love the photos Angie! The cake turned out great! Love, mom