Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some well needed change

You all know I love this kind of stuff. All the stuff that I get to ORGANIZE! If I could do it for a living, I would! I know some of you think I am crazy for loving to organize, but to me it keeps my life running smoothly! These are just some of the projects I have worked on the last few weeks.

The first one was that we finally got the girls "big girl" room put together with the highly anticipated bunk bed. Carsyn and Brenna are loving their new beds. I am a firm believer in if you think your kids are ready for something, don't hold them back! I was getting more nervous about her falling as she climbed out of her crib nearly every morning. (And for all you sceptics...yes, I did have it on the lowest crib setting.) Carsyn has definitely been ready for a few months. We bought it and Brad had to put it together and paint it. It gives them so much more room to move and play. We love how it all turned out.



The other large project we completed was finishing the play room/guest room/craft room. I wanted to make it comfortable for guests, but also a usable, practical space for the kids to play in (with organization) and a place to hold all my stuff. We still have some art work of the kids and some art work I have of Brad's as a child to get frames and put up. I also have the whole top shelf of the kids play area to work with. WE LOVE this space now! My hubby did a great job building all this stuff!

Another huge project was more of a gift to my brother from my mom and I. He lives in Augusta where he works as a Golf Professional and doesn't have much time to decorate his house. Mom and I headed over for a 4 day weekend and painted his WHOLE house. Lets just say I am done with painting for a while! Not only paint, but put up curtains, organize all his cupboards, laundry room, bathrooms, etc. My dad was crazy enough to say he would watch the girls for the weekend. Brad and Aidan stayed home and hid. The girls had a great time with their Papa! Here are some before and after shots...
Kitchen before-

Kitchen after-Drew's bedroom before-

Drew's bedroom after-

Guest bath before-
Guest bath after-
His finished bath-

Family and dining before-

Family room after-

I am off to take a nap. I am exhausted!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! We are on the same wave length, friend! It feels so good to organize. :) We need to get the families together soon. When is bball over? Hope you enjoyed your nap. I never get those these days.

Joy B. said...

LOVE the pictures of the girls new room! Cute!! Carsyn's new little chair looks so inviting in their little reading corner. I still can't believe we were able to finish Drew's entire house - well almost. Such an accomplishment and I know Drew LOVES it!!! Also loves how you organized things. Love, mom

Stephanie Perdue said...

I love the way you decorated the girls room. I am trying to figure out what to do with the boys room now that we have bunks. You gave me a few good ideas. Thanks

jmlmama said...

Oh my gosh... you guys did so much work!! And I thought I'd been organizing and doing home projects like crazy! You definitely have me beat! Everything looks great!