Saturday, June 27, 2009

House is empty!

I thought since my house is empty, I should update the blog before everyone gets home. My parents took all 3 kids for 6 days while Brad is in southern California with a group of kids from his school for FBLA nationals. In between enjoying the peace and quiet and regrouping myself for the second half of the summer, I have completed many small projects that needed to be finished. Although, I have done a bit of self pampering, ie. shopping, chick-flicks, pedicure...etc.
Here is what we have been up to the last couple weeks. It has been a busy couple....
We try to always spend time at the pool every afternoon. However, the last week has been so unbearably hot, we are spending a bit more time inside.
Carsyn loves the pool and loves her swim goggles even more....
My parents and Drew were in town last weekend for a big swim meet in Gainesville. There we 12 teams from all over the Atlanta area. We are so proud of how much he has improved over the last month. We didn't have to battle the 100 degree temps outside, because thankfully, Gainesville's pool is inside!

Watching all the swimmers.
Ready....

Set....
GO!
On Tuesday we took the kids to the Atlanta Braves vs NY Yankees baseball games. We try to get to a couple games a summer and this one happens to be one of the biggest games of the summer with the largest crowd, with the hottest temps outside. It was 94 degrees when the game started at 7pm. You can see the kids faces are all hot and sweaty. We did have so much fun! Atlanta won 4-0! GO BRAVES! After the game we stayed at a hotel closer to downtown, because Brad flew out early the next morning and it was easier for the kids. I met mom in Clemson to drop the kids off on Wednesday afternoon. After I pick Brad up on Monday, we will head over to SC for a few days for some family time.

(Brenna looks miserable in these pics..she really was having fun...just not into taking pics)
Enjoying some "ice cold coke." Now you know I wouldn't give my kids soda!
Sitting on the big red chairs on the top of Turner Field overlooking downtown.

Now back to some R & R!

3 comments:

Joy B. said...

The pictures you posted are adorable!! I love the picture of Carsyn and I cheering on Aidan - also the ones of Aidan preparing to blast off the starting block are awesome!!!! It is sooooo HOT today, so Aidan and Brenna are at the movie UP with papa. Carsyn is napping and I am trying to tidy up the place - ahhhh - what a mess!! How do you do it Angie and BRad??? The one thing that helps is - YOU're LOTS younger than US!!!! Ha!! Glad we had you and your brother when we were young and full of energy!!! :) Love, mom

The Kenyons said...

That is great you have had somne time to yourself this week! We have to finally get together girl! Looks like ya'll of course have had a busy summer

Amber said...

I am envious of time to yourself to do projects and enjoy a clean house! While I had some time to myself in Kenya...there was nothing clean about it!!! Can't wait to catch up when y'all get home. Tell your mama I said hello. :)