Monday, April 20, 2009

Party on!

We had a great time celebrating Carsyn's birthday Sunday afternoon. I guess 1st birthdays (now that I have put on 3 of them) are more for the mommy's and for the smashing of the cake. We did however have a wonderful time with my parents and brother that were in town and to a few wonderful friends that came up to celebrate with us.
This year has flown by faster than any other year has and I know because I am told that before I know it, my children will be off and gone from the house.
Here are some things I have learned...... 1. All of my children love to swing. I have this same picture with all 3 of my babies. All 3 of them in this same swing. Yes, some of it has been chewed off by squirrels. The kids don't care!
2. My children, especially Aidan and Carsyn LOVE food. I guess you would never know looking at either of them..Carsyn weighed in at 19 lbs. 5 oz at her 1 year check up. She is pushing the 12th percentile. The girl eats anything. She devoured 3 pieces of pizza and lots of fruit.
(Carsyn and her Uncle Drew)
3. Kids will put their finger in the flame if given the opportunity. We learned that after Brenna put her finger in her candle. Hence the reason for me holding Carsyn's hands.

She was not quite sure she could dive right in. After a bit of help from Papa, she dove right in.
4. Watch out if you have a dog in the house and an American girls doll (or any doll for that matter). They love to chew the hands and feet. This is my parents dog Allie. Allie has chewed my Molly doll up from when I was younger and she has been repaired. We will be keeping her away from Carsyn's new doll.
5. Big brothers are the best. Aidan loves his sisters. I know later on that may be some tense times between the 3 of them, but for now, I am going to soak it all in!
6. Girls love cars too. This is Carsyn's gift from Grammie and Papa. A gift that her older brother and sister are to big to use.
7. Children, even this young know how to communicate with each other. Here are Landon and Carsyn watching the older kids on the play set outside.

8. Every child is different.
A note for first time parents.......throw out those books.
Ella Beth, Carsyn, Elise, Aidan, Landon and Brenna.

How I LOVE these times!

4 comments:

The Kenyons said...

So glad ya'll had a great party! DId you use my cake lady? It looked like her cake! If so how was it!!!

Stephanie Perdue said...

Great pictures.I hate that we weren't there to celebrate. This is the first "1st" birthday party we have missed for the Kudlas babies.

We do remember the burned finger accident.

Angie said...

April-yes I did use your cake lady and LOVED it! Thanks!
Stephanie-I know we were are so sad you all are not closer! Yes, I do remember the burn incident..that is why I am holding Carsyn's hands in the pic

Joy B. said...

We loved the party! Spending time with Aidan, Brenna, and Carsyn is always a treat! We are grateful for the time spent together with family! The cake WAS adorable and was yummy too!! How can it be that Carsyn just turned 1!! Love, Grammie and Papa