Sunday, March 30, 2014

April Meals

This is the month I have been watching approach for the last few months.  In many ways I have been dreading it, and other ways I am ready for this injury to be fixed.  After about 10 years of on and off pain in my shoulder, on April 1st, I have have surgery to repair a torn labrum.  I am in sling for 6 weeks followed by months of rehab.  We have been preparing the kids on how to fold and put away laundry, wash dishes, clean bathrooms, etc.  They have been great at learning more advanced chores.  I will have Brad home with me for 2 weeks and then my mom will be here for a week.  I still have gymnastics meets, because I am still in season, girls have meets, Aidan has basketball tournaments and Aidan and I will be flying to California at the end of the month for him to compete at the World Championship Vex IQ competition with his school.  We are not slowing down even though I am having surgery.
I have tried to prepare a lot of this food ahead of time and froze it.  Most of the meals come from the same website for freezer meals.  During the week, we will have meals I have prepared ahead of time and weekends Brad will be able to cook.
Tues 1st  super easy chicken-fix it and forget it cookbook
Wed 2nd  honey balsalmic chicken
Thur 3rd spaghetti
Fri 4th  Pizza
Sat 5th  Hamburgers
Sun 6th  Cheek's bringing dinner
Mon 7th  chicken fajitas
Tues 8th  taco roast
Wed 9th  Julie L bringing dinner
Thur 10th Hunt's bringing dinner
Fri 11th  Pizza
Sat 12th  Grilled chicken
Sun 13th Steak kabobs
Mon 14th Always yummy beef
Tues 15th  Italian chicken
Wed 16th Roast beef-fix it and forget it cookbook
Thur 17thSalsa chicken
Fri 18th  Carsyn's 6th birthday!-Pizza
Sat 19th  Carsyn's party-grill hotdogs, mac and cheese, cake
Sun 20th  BBQ ribs
Mon 21st  Ruth's crockpot chicken-fix it and forget it cookbook
Tues 22nd Pepsi pot roast-fix it and forget it cookbook
Wed 23rdhoney chicken Aidan and I in CA
Thur 24th easy pot roast and veggies-Fix it and forget it cookbook-Aidan and I in CA
Fri 25th  Pizza-Aidan and I in CA
Sat 26thAidan and i in CA
Sun 27th Crockpot dijon chicken-Aidan and I come home
Mon 28thcrockpot creamy white chicken chili
Tues 29th cheesy chicken and noodle casserole by Anna
Wed 30th  left overs

Cheesy chicken noodle casserole by Anna

1 box spaghetti noodles
1 jar of cheese wiz
4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
crushed saltine crackers or bread crumbs for top
Cook chicken and cube. Cook noodles and drain. Combine cheese wiz and cream of chicken soup and warm on stove. Stir cheese mixture into noodles and combine everything into casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers or bread crumbs. Bake at 350 until warm and bubbling.



No comments: