Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A .10 of an update

Because I have been so busy, I thought there was no way I could update you with everything that is going on with us. This is about .10 of what has gone on with us the last few months, so I will give you a top 10 (on the 10th of the month). Aidan would be so proud of me for using math. He can't get enough of that subject. I think he likes it so much, because I can't stand it.

So here it goes.

1. Spring is here...wait it is summer...nope just spring. My azaleas have never been so pretty. They were just pretty REALLY early! We have had some crazy temp changes, but I think that has been consistent in the entire country. We are now preparing for the last 25 days of school.

2. Spring break consisted of the kids going to Papa and Grammie's in South Carolina and Brad and I working our butts off in the yard. I don't know why we do this every year and every year we say we won't do this again and that we will relax on our spring break, but we don't. We laid 1500 square feet of sod, 10 yds of mulch and all that went with preparing for that. I couldn't even move my fingers by the end of the week. Ouch! I will say that everything looks great! We did get to go to the lake to meet my parents and the kiddos at the end of the week.



3. When did my kids get so big?



4. I love to take spring pictures!

5. See...we did get some rest time on spring break!


6. Even though this picture is blurry..my season is in full swing. This is at our season opening meet. You can see me and the other coach Julie in the background. This is our one and only senior Autumn who ended her season with an ACL and MCL tare in her knee. After a season full of injuries, we have our regional meet to close out the season this saturday in Atlanta.




















7. Brad had an awesome 11th basketball season. His JV team finished 2nd in the region with only 4 losses. The Varsity team went on to the sweet 16, breaking a school record and holding the first round of the state tournament at the school.



















8. Speaking of awesome basketball seasons...Aidan's team went undefeated in the regular season and won the post season tournament. Daddy even helped coach!























9. Aidan also had an awesome gymnastics season as a 2nd year level 4. Next year he moves onto level 5. We are so proud of how hard he worked and continues to work.

























10. Brenna and her Jr. Gymnastics team have had a wonderful, busy season. They were able to perform at Auburn (where this picture took place) vs. Alabama, at University of GA vs. UCLA, 4 different elementary school and a soon to be fun meet for upcoming level 2's. It has been so much fun to help coach this group of 19 6 and 7 year olds. Brenna has working so hard at gaining so many new skills this year. She will continue to work hard during the summer to try out for the level 2 team in the fall.

























Be looking for a birthday girl who is turning 4 soon!

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

Love. .Love . . love the new posting Angie. We are so proud of the effort that you and Brad make to encourage the kids to be active. . it's difficult to be on the go. . and it's tiring. . ahh the joys of parenthood. :)