Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacation day 3 and 4

There is this great fun center by the hotel and of course the kids saw it while driving around. We took them to play putt putt and ride the go-carts. Carsyn had a lot of fun picking up everyones golf ball. His first time driving a "big boy" go-cart. He did so well. His daddy was proud of how well he concentrated!After packing up our things in Grand Rapids, we headed about 45 minutes northeast to Carson City where my extended family lives. My grandparents are at there house in Michigan for the summer and because everyone was at home, we had to take a picture of all the great grandkids. My grandpa and grandma Regis have two daughters, my mom and my aunt Lisa. Between the two of them, they have 9 children (Me, my brother Drew and Ben, Anna, Nathan, Sarah, David and Isaac) and 4 son/daughter-in-laws (Brad, Arthur, Jessie and Karen) and now my Grandparents have 9 great grandchildren and 1 on the way.
Starting from top left-David (Sarah's oldest), Aidan, Saddie (Ben's oldest), Brenna
Bottom left- Tyson (Nate's oldest..and he has one of the way), Sam (Ben's middle), Carsyn is in Grandma's lap, Jimmy (Anna's youngest) and Stewart (Ben's youngest) is in my Grandpa's lap. They took this picture and are hoping to get it into the newspaper. So cute!!

Saddie (my cousin Ben's oldest) and Brenna are the bestest of friends. It is amazing how much the look alike!

On Saturday, my Aunt and Uncle watched the kids so Brad, my mom and I could go to the wedding. I have been friends with Lauren for about 19 years. She now works with intervarsity at WMU in Kalamazoo and is doing great ministry work. It was a beautiful wedding and I must say, a "total Lauren wedding."

Leslie was also up from Florida as one of the bridesmaids. It was great to see her and visit. I was able to see many people that I haven't seen in many years. I would have loved a few more days to hang out and catch up.

1 comment:

Joy B. said...

I could have spent several more days visiting with friends and family. It just started to warm up when it was time for us to leave! LOVED the photo of Sadie and Brenna - Love, mom